Wednesday, 15 September 2010

The Chocolate Mint Leaves were a disaster! Well, sort of...

Ok, I wanted to make some chocolate mint leaves to decorate some cakes tonight...

You know when I said making these little things should be fairly straightforward? I was fairly wrong, they are not straightforward. I got covered in chocolate, demolished the kitchen surfaces, and made basically, a mess! And for all my efforts managed to obtain about 5 "decorative leaves".
Argh.
I think I did everything right with them apart from the 'peeling' - all I had to do was paint some mint leaves with dark chocolate, leave to set, then.. peel. I couldnt get my hands cool enough though, so they melted and wilted and disappeared to nothing, booooo! Maybe I should have used tweezers? I didn't think anybody would want eyebrow hairs on their cakes though...

So I salvaged a few anyway, and added them to my chocolate mint cupcakes. I don't think they look great, and even if the mint leaves had turned out, I'm not convined I'd have loved them anyway...




No comments:

Post a Comment