Tuesday, 5 October 2010

Very Naughty Double Chocolate Cookies

I've just finished baking the most beautiful cookies I've ever tasted!! Oh my, they're chocolately :D And they came out of the oven just perfect too (not in one homogenous gloopy super cookie mess like I've had before!) The recipe was SO simple really, here's what I did (would and should also mention I got this fantastic recipe out of the Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook - it's brilliant):
  • melt 450g quality dark chocolate with 50g butter
  • mix 170g soft light brown sugar with 2 eggs and some vanilla essence.
  • mix chocolate mix with sugar and egg mix.
  • add to 85g of flour, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder and a pinch of salt.
  • stir in some belgian chocolate (chopped into large chunks)
  • bake in the oven at 170 until just cracked on top. (10-15 minutes)
Here they are:





4 comments:

  1. Possibly the best cookies I've ever tasted. Just placed my first Coopcakes order too - excellent service!

    Thanks Sarah,

    David

    ReplyDelete
  2. More than welcome! :) I can't wait to get cracking on the 'Chocolate Orange' Cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!!! i don't think ive ever felt this way about baked products before properly amazing and alot better than other leading bakers! Coopcakes is on the rise! Amazing tackle - plus ive put on about 2 stone since starting here!

    Could quite happily eat them until they came out of my ears!

    Cheers

    Sarah!


    Rikki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh thanks Rikki! I especially like the 'better than other leading bakers' bit! Hehe! I'll remember these ones are winners and make some more soon then! :D

    ReplyDelete