Friday, 21 October 2011

Chocolate Brownies

Hello! Have not posted for a couple of weeks, agaaain. I promised myself I'd try and do at least one bake a week and post about it, and I've managed the bake bit, just not the posting :(

Anyway, I can't really repeat the recipe on here, but made these beautiful brownies from (yes you guessed it) the Hummingbird bakery cookbook. I made them to take to a friends on Weds night and they're the best I've ever done brownies. I was goinf to make cupcakes but I had little time and you can just more or less throw all the ingredients in a bowl and go with this one. No creaming eggs and butter, piping, injecting etc.
If you follow the recipe for these exactly and keep a close close eye on the cooking they're perfect.



I was a bit of a geek and made my own little cut out heart to stencil icing sugar around on top too. They look way cuter this way...!

Making sure you get the cooking time right on these was crucial, too little and they'll be too runny, too much and they'll be just like cakes (not so bad) but if you want the perfect gooey brownie they need a carfeul watch. I checked mine for wobbl every 5 minutes or so after the first 15 mins of baking.

Coops xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment