Sunday, 21 July 2013

Peppa Pig Cake

So for my little girls 2nd birthday it was decided she would be getting a Peppa Pig cake. She's obsessed so seemed the obvious choice!

Good strong Madeira cake needed for this. I used one featured on Lindy's cakes (just google Lindy's Madeira cake). It's definitely the best Madeira cake recipe I've found and works fantastically for celebration cake making. If you want more details just PM me. Word of warning about the recipe though, you NEED to add the glycerine to stop it going dry and a couple of days standing time will help with the moistness too.
I layered mine with raspberry jam and buttercream. Add lots.


A good layer of well whipped butter cream before the fondant goes on. 


And then I forgot to take more pics but here it is!

 

I just coloured ready rolled fondant / royal icing to what I needed and cut out to Peppa shapes. A few ready made flowers and there you go! I did use a tappit set for the lettering with some flowering paste / gum paste which was fiddly too. Oh and a cake polisher is essential for getting a more professional finish! 

Oh and I might have sprayed with shimmer too! Got a bit carried away...

 







She loved it :) x








No comments:

Post a Comment